This episode’s cover art features the fiber art of Becky Stevens. Her sashiko-inspired wall hanging, More Stories to be Told, was among my favorite pieces from the Explorations in Felt exhibit at the Hunderdon Art Museum in Clinton, New Jersey.
This month, I’m thinking about fruit in savory dishes. This is a favorite combination in winter, because I can use pantry ingredients like dried fruits and preserves. Fruits can balance spicy flavors and prevent dishes from drying out. They can also lend a wonderful richness to slow-cooked dishes like tagines.
- Bobotie recipe from Epicurious
- Korean-style Gochujang Meatballs recipe from food52 website
- Lamb Tagine with Prunes and Cinnamon from Epicurious
- 11 Fruits that Fit Perfectly in Savory Dishes from the Morsel blog
And Sew Forth
- Hadley Top from Grainline Studio