In this episode, I work on cultivating a contemporary warrior princess vibe with a completed Nimue sweater, plus, new cast-ons and and my discovery of a new collection by a poet whose work I have long admired.
The Back Porch
- Nimue cropped sweater designed by Cirilia Rose
The Front Porch
- Wit Beyond Measure mittens designed by Dianna Walla
- Arlequin Cowl designed by Sidney Rakotoarivelo
- I’ll be gifting some patterns from the bundle of designers featured in the Solidarity Swap. If you would like to enter to win a pattern or to win one for a friend, enter with a post on the Ravelry thread for this episode.
Off the Shelf
- Natasha Trethewey author bio found on Poetry Foundation website
- “Meditation at Decatur Square”
- interview with NPR’s Scott Simon
- selection of poems from Trethewey’s collection Bellocq’s Ophelia
2 thoughts on “Episode 217”
Thanks, Vanessa. This segment keeps me reading poetry and thinking about what to share!
I love your Off the Shelf segment! Thank you for sharing such great poets!